Stop Rape Part-2- Poppyy Got some reasons for Rape and some possible solutions to cut this crime
"Stop Rape Part 2"
What could be the possible reasons for rape?
Some Major reasons why rapes happen
- The first and most important reason is the urge to dominate. …… The Indian society has always been patriarchal and most males are taught in their childhood that the females of the house need to be controlled…… There is a quote, “Women are considered fragile, but I’ve never seen anything as easily wounded as a man’s ego”. And this quote holds true for rape culture in India.
- The second yet a prominent reason are that, women are taught to be docile. They are taught to remain submissive and never say “no” to anything. They are expected to remain silent and respect and obey the decisions that are imposed on them by the males and take it as command. That’s why, when a women gets raped, most of them had adapted to this submissive nature and never dare to protest for the injustice.
- The society does not bother when a man walks around freely after raping, but they expect the female to live a life of humiliation and pity if she gets raped. This furthers gives the rapist a chance because he knows that he would face less humiliation as compared to the victim and the society would not blame him but the victim.
- Aggression on the part of the attacker. Males in India are taught since childhood to be aggressive, angry and dominating and are not allowed to show emotions. This is something that becomes a big wall of ego in their own minds and then they are unable to control themselves if someone tries to correct them. They need power, they have the urge to control due to the silly things they are taught and have seen in their household since they were kids.
- The objectification of females as sexual objects is one reason that leads to rape. The women are always stereotyped and are expected to remain submissive regardless of the situation. When a women tries to live her life the way she wishes to, the males get offended and want to teach her a lesson for not being submissive.
- Lack of appropriate punishments is definitely the biggest contributor for rapes in India. If there were strict and brutal laws for rapists then no one would have dared to even think of raping women.